Toyota Battery Electric Vehicles
Toyota BEVs are propelled by a large battery pack and high-output electric motors, rather than an internal combustion engine. BEVs have no emissions from the tailpipe since they run only on electricity. BEV batteries are partially recharged while driving, mostly through regenerative braking. However, in order to receive the full benefits of its electric-only operation, BEVs must be hooked into a wall outlet or charging equipment to reach a full charge.
It's simple to charge a BEV. Simply plug it in. You may charge your phone at home, at work, or at any public charging station. Depending on whether you use Level 1, 2, or 3 charging, charging times may vary.
Some of the benefits of BEVs include:
- Quick, smooth and quiet operation
- Zero Emissions, making it better for the environment
- Fuel cost savings for you
- Lower maintenance costs with no engine or transmission fluid replacements
- Federal incentives up to $5000 for zero emission vehicles with the iZEV program
View our Battery Electric Vehicle Lineup:
The Toyota bZ4X is a zero-emission vehicle with all the capability you'd expect from an all-electric SUV. It's packed with some of our most inventive ideas and sophisticated technology.